Nothing says summertime like the smell of burgers cooking on a grill or the sound of children running around and playing. Cookouts are practically essential to have the perfect summer day, especially with holidays like Father’s Day and Independence Day right around the corner. Consider one of these easy recipes when you’re preparing for your next summer cookout.
- Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes: Because who doesn’t love cheese and potatoes? Not only is this easy to make, but it can be made well in advance and reheated right before it’s time to eat.
- BLT Deviled Eggs: Deviled eggs are a cookout staple, but why not try to spice it up a little? Add some sundried tomatoes, green onions, and bacon to your filling and enjoy.
- Cowboy Caviar: Who doesn’t love dip? Cowboy caviar is full of beans, cilantro, chopped peppers, and onions—you could even add avocado if you’re feeling daring.
- Fruit Salad with Lemon Dressing: Want to set out something sweet for dessert without it being too heavy? A fruit salad is just the thing you’re looking for. Add a lemon dressing to give it a little zest.
- Pepperoni Pasta Salad: No cookout is complete without at least one pasta salad on the menu. This pepperoni pasta salad is full of vegetables, protein, and whole grains, all of which will energize you for the day’s activities.
- Grilled Maple Sriracha Chicken Skewers: Simple, easy, and delicious, these skewers only have four ingredients and can be grilled up in only 15 minutes. For the best flavor, marinate your chicken overnight.
- Vegan Barbeque Baked Beans: It’s important to have options for all dietary needs, and baked beans are a simple food to prepare right at home. Though it may be tempting to buy a can of beans and call it a day, it’ll be much more flavorful by making these homemade in the crockpot.
- Vegan Mexican Potato Salad with Avocado Dressing: Potato salad is another necessity when it comes to the perfect cookout, but why not spice it up from the standard recipe? Corn, avocado, and chipotle are sure to make your potato salad unforgettable.